You already have items in your planner which have been proposed by a publisher or you have added items yourself from the marketplace directly. Either way we are going to show you how to configure those items based on your needs.
Let’s start by identifying what can be edited and how:
- Targeting - simply click on the field and a pop up box will appear. The options available will vary depending on what the publisher has made accessible to select
- Start and End Date - click on the field and a calendar picker will appear for you to select a date
- Frequency Capping - once you click on the field a drop down option will appear allowing you to enter in the impressions per criteria
- Goal - click the field to enter in a value - this must be a whole value without commas
- Rate - click the field to enter in a value - this must be a whole value without commas
- Discount - click the field to enter in a value - this must be a whole value without commas
- Buyer Commission - click the field to enter in a value - this must be a whole value without commas
- Purchase Cost - click the field to enter in a value - this must be a whole value without commas
The other options to explore are the functions you can apply to your items. You will notice above the displayed items are a set of icons towards the top right. These icons allow you to ignite certain functions.
Let’s go through these functions together:
- Plus symbol - by selecting this option you can either add a product that is already available by publisher or you can request for a new product to be added by a publisher in the case it doesn’t exist
- X symbol - this means you wish to cancel the item. You will need to select the line item(s) first before clicking on the cancel button. This will simply remove the line item from the planner. Bare in mind there is no undo button - so please be careful when using this function
- Document symbol - this is the duplicate function. You will need to select the line item first before clicking on this button. Don’t forget to make changes to the duplicated item afterwards
- Refresh symbol - this is the forecast function. You can either select a specific line item you wish to check avails for or check all at once
- Package symbol - this allows you to bundle line items together
- Flight symbol - this allows you to apply multi-flighting to a line item and set very specific dates, goals and pricing by flight level - also a great option if you want to have different creative displayed by date
- 3 dots - this allows you to customise the names applied to placement. You might use this to have unique naming conventions for your own internal purposes
The other unique function worth mentioning is the group filter you apply on the line items. This will help you filter by publisher and status. Once you are happy with all your edits, then the next step will be to save on either selected items or all items.