Tracking and monitoring your campaign's performance is such an important element to understanding how your budget is being spent and whether it's generating the right outcome.
One of many great aspects of using Adslot Media is the ability to see both your own delivered metrics and the publisher's too. This allows transparency to occur on both sides when checking for discrepancies in the delivery data.
In this article we are going to take you through the delivery metrics available in Adslot Media and how you can keep track of them for your campaigns.
Note: The delivery section of your campaign will only become active once the campaign has started and the creative is being served, otherwise you will not see data. In this case either something is wrong with the creative or how it is being served - so always check these two things before contacting our client success team for assistance via email@example.com
From within your campaign navigate to the delivery section. You will notice that there are two viewing panes - just like in excel. The left side (placement information) is stagnate while the right side you can use the scroll bar to view more information. Let's explore the right side in more detail.
- Placement details: This is an extension of the booking information and provides details on the placement such as cost, size, dates and formats
- Delivery: Is where you can find out the pacing at placement level, discrepancies between buyer and publisher data and from the details column you can click on the graph icon to track overtime variance between buy and publisher numbers
- Spent: Is how you can track money spent by either publisher numbers or buyer numbers at placement level
- Pacing: Is important to understand based on your booked amount and how much is being spent so far to date at placement level. Great way to monitor your budget/spend
- Impressions: Are based on delivered impressions
- Viewability: This option isn’t always available and depends on both buyer and publisher settings. But when enabled it allows you to track real visibility of your creative on the publisher’s website
- Clicks: Tracks delivery of click by either the buyer or publisher
- Valid impressions: Meaning traffic that isn't from robots, or other deceptive software
- Acquisitions: These metrics pull into Adslot for any Publisher GAM or Buyer GCM integrated line items (achieved when assigning creative tags). A tag is triggered on a conversion page defined by the buyer site admin
- Video plays: Video metrics pull into Adslot for any Publisher GAM or Buyer GCM integrated line items. This metric shows number of times a video starts to play
- Video 25%: Number of times a video plays 25% of its duration
- Video 50%: Number of times a video plays 50% of its duration
- Video 75%: Number of times a video plays 75% of its duration
- Video 100%: Number of times a video plays 100% of its duration
- Video views: Number of times the ad was viewed to completion. For VAST 3 or 4, a completion occurs when the user reaches the "skippable video engaged view time" defined in the Ad Server network settings (GAM Video Engaged views).